Six Flags 2014 5K Obstacle Race
The Survival Race Partners with One of America’s Favorite Theme Parks, Six Flags Great Adventure to Host Epic Family-Focused 5k, Obstacle Course & Mud Run
Are you and your family and friends really ready to take fun to the next level? The Survival Race is all about having the time of your life and now that Six Flags Great Adventure is on our team, your fun-factor is about to explode into the stratosphere!
That’s right, Gang…we are now officially business partners with epitome of family fun and and recreation, Six Flags Great Adventure!!!
The Survival Race will hold Americas Family-Focused 5k Adventure run at 1 Six Flags Boulevard in Jackson, New Jersey. Six Flags Great Adventure is conveniently located between New York City and Philadelphia.
You thought peanut butter and chocolate went well together? Well, my friends, your race-buds are about to pop, because the combination of The Survival Race coupled with Great Adventure’s radical theme park and their wild outside safari, you are about to experience an obstacle race like no other!
Imagine running through the woods just outside the Six Flags Safari and hearing the roar from a 500-pound lion or tiger or the growl of a an 800- pound brown bear cheering you on as you complete the course…there’s even a chance one of our curious 20-foot giraffes will be among the spectators. Everything’s possible during this one-of-a-kind adventure race event!
This is an awesome day of adventure, friends and ferris wheels, rockin-roller-coasters, mud and mayhem…something for everyone and memories that are going to last you a lifetime!
People are already raving about the chance to take part in this epic adventure-packed obstacle race and then have the opportunity to spend the rest of the day at their favorite theme park.
Every race ticket purchase includes a one-day admission ticket to the awesome Six Flags Great Adventure or the adjacent Hurricane Harbor water park.
This collaboration between the Survival Race and Six Flags is a great opportunity to bring the sport of obstacle races to one of the finest family based theme parks in the country.
Will you be a part of history, as The Survival Race launches into the rugged terrain surrounding Six Flags Great Adventure? Don’t delay in registering for the event that is bound to sell out. Register by clicking the “Sign Up Here” button on the upper right!
Survival Race Details
Understand that you’re about to have the time of your life! You’re about to become an official Survival Racer!
The Survival Race is designed for fun and although you’re going to be running, jumping, climbing, crawling and working hard, it’s more like exercise in disguise…You’ll be having too much fun to think of the challenge, plus the crowds, which may include your own friends and family, are going to be rooting you on! Come prepared for an adventure and don’t be surprised if you become addicted to this new style of outdoor adventure!
Here’s What You Get When You Register For The Race:
- one-day admission ticket to the awesome Six Flags Great Adventure or the adjacent Hurricane Harbor water park
- The Official Survival Race T-Shirt
- The Energetic and Awesome Live Tunes From Our Race Band, The Pulse!
- Free Digital Picture Suite – Our professional photographers will be dispersed throughout the 5k-race course, waiting to capture the essence of you and your awesome adventure…this is our gift to you, for being a Survival Racer.
- Official Survival Race Post-Race Dog Tag – You must finish the race to earn your right of passage.
- Chip Timing: Every participant will be provided with a chip timer. You will be able to check your results online or live at the event. Not everyone wants to compete…no worries, simply have fun, take your time and complete the race!
The Following Will Also Be Available To Purchase:
- Food & Drink: Stop by for our culinary delights – we have something delicious for everyone.
- Beer: We will not be selling beer at the race event, but it just so happens that a beer festival will be taking place on the same day – We will be offering a beer festival ticket at a discount rate for race participants. Please note that they cannot serve you without proof of age.
- Survival Race Apparel: Celebrate your victory and maintain the memories with Survival Race t-shirts, sweatshirts and hats!
Waves of up to 300 participants will start at the following times:
You should arrive 30 minutes prior to your wave time.9:00 am
10:30 am11:00 am
12:30 pm1:00 pm
Race results will be posted on this page of our website the day after the race is complete.
Race photos will be posted on www.facebook.com/thesurvivalrace
Please feel free to share your photos with our Facebook page as well.
Packets will be available starting 8am on the day of the race.
WHAT YOU NEED AT PACKET PICK-UP:
Your photo I.D.
Your signed participant waiver. Anyone under 18 must have this signed by a parent in person or notarized.
PICKING UP A FRIEND’S PACKET?
You may pick up a friend’s packet as long as you bring the following three items with you:
1. A copy of their photo I.D.
2. A signed letter stating that they will allow you to pick up their packet
3. A signed copy of their participant waiver.
WHEN TO ARRIVE ON RACE DAY:
We recommend arriving at least one hour in advance in order to ensure proper time to register, fasten your race chip, and properly stretch.
FOR THE SIX FLAGS SURVIVAL RACE, TWO WAIVERS ARE REQUIRED: